.....favorite quote

'we have to teach our eyes to look at nature, and many of us who have never seen it and never will'.....
-Jean Baptiste Simeon Chardin

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Not sure if I posted this one before but this little beauty went to the Louisiana State Archives Building for their show in Baton Rouge LA. This is probably the largest drawing I have ever done. The actual drawing itself (not the paper) is 22x30 and framed ....well it's huge. I am praying that she wins something as I put in over 100 hours on it and a lot of love. Cross your fingers!

2 comments:

  1. This is a very beautiful drawing. The expression on her face is intense and absorbing. How long will the show last? I would like to go see it if it is still on when I visit the area...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Arena. The show is going until January 27th at the State Archives Building. Do you know where that is in Baton Rouge?

    ReplyDelete