.....favorite quote

'we have to teach our eyes to look at nature, and many of us who have never seen it and never will'.....
-Jean Baptiste Simeon Chardin

Thursday, July 5, 2012

New Drawing Finally Finished

After many hours (and I mean many) of work and frustration with this drawing I finally put the pencil to rest. I am very happy and pleased with this one although when sketching it out I ran into many problems and had to re-size a lot of things over and over. But it's finished and going to the framers. Graphite 19x24 on Bristol Smooth 400

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps a beautiful and ethereal story of a time past, a peasant in repose, at peace with her daily toils...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree, there is something other-worldly about her. And the look in her eyes as she looks back at you...wow! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete