.....favorite quote

'we have to teach our eyes to look at nature, and many of us who have never seen it and never will'.....
-Jean Baptiste Simeon Chardin

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

This is something I have been working on lately and I have been wanting to do this for years and I finally think I have enough information under my belt to give it a try. This is still a work in progress as the ear, neck, hand and back of the head are not finished. It's still in it's block in stage and more work  on the jaw where shadows elude me......but I'm getting it. oil on claessens, baltic birch 11x14

2 comments:

  1. I like this maybe I will try oil again in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen your work is amazing! Really enjoy your blog and so nice to meet another Pacific Northwest Artist:-) Thank you so much for taking the time to share your work with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete